Twin Moment

Writers. Twins. Biologically unrelated. Laughing at
ourselves (and each other), listening to amazing
music, and living life epically. We present, our blog.
Prepare to be astounded.

Classical Music

Because I've been particularly enjoying it today, I wanted to do a quick post on classical music. This is one of those because-I-can posts, not particularly a wow-this-is-useful or such-an-insightful post.

Below I've listed a couple of my all-time favorite classical songs. If you ever have a minute to listen, I hope you will. You won't be disappointed. This is some of music's finest.

1. Moonlight Sonata Adagio Sostenuto ~ Ludwig Van Beethoven
This song is one of my all-time favorite pieces of classical music. It's such a beautiful, emotional piece. I always imagine things when I hear it.

2. Waltz of the Snowflakes - Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Being a ballerina (even one who's currently taking a break) it's natural that my favorite composer in the world is Peter (or Pyotr) Tchaikovsky. There's nothing like Nutcracker. NOTHING.

3. Lacrimosa Requium - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Though admittedly a darker piece of music, it's still so gorgeous there aren't words.

4. Swan Lake Waltz - Pyotr Llyich Tchaikovsky
Again with Tchaikovsky. Swan Lake comes in close second to Nutcracker. I adore this song.

Even if you got nothing out of this post, I enjoyed making it. Nothing like a little culture. Hehe!

Anyway, I've added something new to my fill-out. See it below.

Thanks for reading!

Best Part of Today: The beautiful breeze after much humidity.
Currently Craving: It's still ice cream.
Music Pick: "Dance of the Little Swans" by Tchaikovsky (again!)
I'm Reading: Re-reading the beginning of "The Deed of Paksenarrion" by Elizabeth Moon 
WATM: Sovereignty (drafting) + plotting for new book

4 epic comments:

Wow, I absolutely LOVE classical music. You need to look up the Armed Man by Karl Jenkins. It is the most amazing masterpiece you will ever hear (and the composer is still alive, to boot). :D

 

Ooo, really? I'll go do that right now!

 

*listens to songs* They are prettiness incarnate.

I actually don't listen to classical that much, even though I love it. Strange.

I love this. :)

 

Yay! I'm glad you like them. Earlier this year (in February, I think) my choir got sing with 300 other highschoolers and the city symphony to perform Karl Jenkins' Armed Man. It was incredible.

 

Post a Comment

Comments! They make our hearts sparkly. Feel free to leave LOTS. We're all for comment spam-age.