My, we are posting lots today.
This one is prompted by Lizzy's question at the end of her "Summer's End" post. And since I can always do with some reminding of good stuff, I thought I'd compose a list of my top five favorite memories from this summer.
1. Finishing Gumiho. It was the first book I stuck with all the way through, and when I finished it, I was so proud of myself. I couldn't even believe I'd done it. None of my family were terribly impressed (I mean, they were... but they didn't really get it, y'know?), but that was okay. Because I knew I had done it, and that was enough for me.
2. Sea Base. I went to the Florida Keys at the beginning of summer, to the Boy Scouts of America's camp called Sea Base. I can't describe how amazing it was... I really can't. It was incredibly hard, especially since I was crew leader and that fact terrified me... But I'll remember it forever.
3. All the conversations I've had with Lizzy and André and TEO and Kaye-friend and Taryn and all my other writer friends. I've always been something of an introvert, but for the first time in my life, I have enough friends that I can't count them all on two hands, and that's only if I'm counting my Write On! friends, not including my few Real Life friends. And that right there, that is awesome.
4. The few moments when one of my 3/4/5/6-yr-old swim students looks over at me mid-lesson and says, "I love you" even though they barely know me.
5. Learning Korean. Okay, so I'm really weird. But I enjoy studying Korean so much. Maybe because it embodies so much hope for my future and what I'll do one day... but seriously, all it takes is a good hour of Korean studying to make me ridiculously chipper for the rest of the day.
I'd say it's your turn, but you probably already did it on Lizzy's... But if you didn't, list a few wonderful things/people from your summer. It will make your heart smile, I promise. (Or your face, if your heart doesn't smile. Though I don't know why it wouldn't. O_o)
Twin Moment of the Day... We are both dolts sometimes. *cough*Bangladeshi*cough*
On My Mind... The Korean drama I'm about to go ask Mommy if she wants to watch.
Listening to... "Before The Dawn" by Infinite
Grateful for... Twin. She makes my life so much sparklier.
Wanting to... Give someone a hug. (Seriously, this list made me super happy)
Writing... Hopeless (I hope, soon)
Aaaaaand Our Winners!
1 week ago